PC Specs

Hienne

I am quite curious as to what people have in their PCs. I know there is another topic like this but it seems dead and I hope that maybe this one will get a couple more replies. Pics are not needed ofc but I am sure everyone likes seeing PCs online, whether or not they are high-end or on the cheaper side. Seeing as I started the thread, I should go first:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-E

RAM: 32GB Corsair and HyperX 3600MHz ( Corsair was from old PC and only works with the new MOBO and CPU if I used the HyperX RAM, lol)

GPU: Sapphire Vega64 Nitro+

Storage:

• 250GB SSD for OS(s)
  • 1TB HDD for Software and most of my games
  • 1TB SSD for games that I play a lot ( Destiny2, Conan Exiles, WoW, etc)
  • 10TB external HDD for photos, videos, phone backups, etc
  • 1TB external SSD mainly used for my MacBook but also a a way of transfering large files such a videos between PC and Mac

PSU: 750W EVGA PSU

Monitors: 2x 27inch Curved Samsung 1080p 60HZ monitors ( fuck if I remember the model )

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V2 Chroma

Mouse: Steelseries Rival 100 (PC) and Razer Naga ( MacBook)

Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver X

VR: Oculus Rift

Let the pc master race rolling then!?

It’s just a list i have on steam,so it wont be that well written like yours are.

So here comes my setup 

PC:
-Fractal Design Define R5 PC case
-DEMCiflex Dust Filter 2-Vent Top
-7X Fractal GP14 case fans
-Phanteks built in PWM Hub
-MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
-Intel Core i7-8700K 
-be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler
-ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB 
-Atlas Graphics Card Brace Support
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
-Seasonic PRIME Ultra Platinum 1200W PSU
-ASUS STRIX RAID DLX 7.1 soundcard

Storage:
-Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD
-Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
-Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
-Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
-Western Digital Black 1TB 7200 RPM
-Western Digital Black 2TB 7200 RPM
-Toshiba 500GB 7200 RPM

Pheripherials:
-ROCCAT Kone EMP
-Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L Cherry mx Brown switch
-SteelSeries Siberia 840

Microphone:
-Blue Yeti Blackout edition with Soundking foam

Monitor:
-LG 34UC89G-B operating on 166hz with G-SYNC

19B74E7D-0B12-4C87-8531-1A471095BB76.jpeg

Well i play everything,i mean really,but mostly fps games.You can share the whole screen if you want to,even to 4 invidual screens.But since i only play games,not using it for work to multitask its more than enough for me.One of my friends used to say that you can have a hell of a beast pc if your monitor cant shine with it.In the end thats the thing youre watching all the day.The worst thing about it is the aspect ratio(21:9),its good for games(if the game supports it) but for example its bad for watching a movie.

I see. Welp, guess I will stick to dual displays for the time being. I am more than happy with my 1080p screens for now, the only thing that I do like is the 60Hz refresh rate as not matter what , I easily get over 120/144 frames in most modern titles ( not kidding, the Vega and Ryzen CPU have made me happier than NVidia and Intel ever could xD)

Is the NVME worth it? I know that on paper it is better but for games and the light editing that I do every now and then, a usual SSD seems just fine. I might just get one so I don't have to get cable extensions to install yet another regular one. Any opinions you may be willing to share? 

38 minutes ago, Ashuntae said:

Is the NVME worth it? I know that on paper it is better but for games and the light editing that I do every now and then, a usual SSD seems just fine. I might just get one so I don't have to get cable extensions to install yet another regular one. Any opinions you may be willing to share? 

As long as you get an SSD, at least, you should be fine. Any else is kind of overkill, depending on what you're doing.

26 minutes ago, Blanket said:

As long as you get an SSD, at least, you should be fine. Any else is kind of overkill, depending on what you're doing.

Yeah, figured that out a while ago. Friends have been pestering me to get and NVME as it is so much faster but whenever I ask them how it would help me they just have no answer for it....

45 minutes ago, Ashuntae said:

Yeah, figured that out a while ago. Friends have been pestering me to get and NVME as it is so much faster but whenever I ask them how it would help me they just have no answer for it....

You will have faster boot times, but not by much. You can move things around between NVMEs much faster. You can load games faster compared to an SSD, but probably not by a whole lot depending on what game we're talking about. Honestly, the last part is probably the best you will get. I use 3 SSDs in my system and I don't get any lag on Windows, or games. I can load things extremely fast with barely any wait, etc. I have a laptop with 2 NVMEs in raid, and I don't notice a different between the two, lol. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

3 hours ago, Blanket said:

You will have faster boot times, but not by much. You can move things around between NVMEs much faster. You can load games faster compared to an SSD, but probably not by a whole lot depending on what game we're talking about. Honestly, the last part is probably the best you will get. I use 3 SSDs in my system and I don't get any lag on Windows, or games. I can load things extremely fast with barely any wait, etc. I have a laptop with 2 NVMEs in raid, and I don't notice a different between the two, lol. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Yeah, I get that. Still, I'm not really going to pay extra just so I can load most games half a second later or boot into widows 3 seconds faster. Plus like I said, none of the things that I do on my pc require anything faster than a regular SSD. 

• Community Manager

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 4.4GHz
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3200MHz
Main Drive: 1TB KXG60ZNV1T02 NVMe TOSHIBA
Secondary Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Monitor: Acer XF240H (pretty bog standard)
Cooling: Watercooled CPU - everything else is air
Mouse: Logitech G MX518 Legendary
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK +
Keyboard: A cheap mechanical one with the equivalent sound and feel of Cherry MX Blue keys (clicky clacky ftw)

Now - if you'll excuse me - I'm going to go and have diarrhea.

20 minutes ago, silveR said:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 4.4GHz
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3200MHz
Main Drive: 1TB KXG60ZNV1T02 NVMe TOSHIBA
Secondary Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Monitor: Acer XF240H (pretty bog standard)
Cooling: Watercooled CPU - everything else is air
Mouse: Logitech G MX518 Legendary
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK +
Keyboard: A cheap mechanical one with the equivalent sound and feel of Cherry MX Blue keys (clicky clacky ftw)

Now - if you'll excuse me - I'm going to go and have diarrhea.

Neat PC. Just out of curiosity, do you use the i9 and 2080ti at full potential or are they there just for baller points? 

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, Ashuntae said:

Neat PC. Just out of curiosity, do you use the i9 and 2080ti at full potential or are they there just for baller points? 

Let's just say I didn't pay full price for them. I hadn't upgraded my PC for a long, long time and though fuck it, the opportunity is there, why not?

Edit: Completely ignored your question, sorry, I mainly use it for games like Apex Legends, Z1, Call of Duty and I do some video rendering. I do like having the settings as high as possible as it's not something I've been able to enjoy before.

5 hours ago, silveR said:

Let's just say I didn't pay full price for them. I hadn't upgraded my PC for a long, long time and though fuck it, the opportunity is there, why not?

Edit: Completely ignored your question, sorry, I mainly use it for games like Apex Legends, Z1, Call of Duty and I do some video rendering. I do like having the settings as high as possible as it's not something I've been able to enjoy before.

Any chance you want to team up for Apex one of these days?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 1:32 PM, Ashuntae said:

I am quite curious as to what people have in their PCs. I know there is another topic like this but it seems dead and I hope that maybe this one will get a couple more replies. Pics are not needed ofc but I am sure everyone likes seeing PCs online, whether or not they are high-end or on the cheaper side. Seeing as I started the thread, I should go first:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-E

RAM: 32GB Corsair and HyperX 3600MHz ( Corsair was from old PC and only works with the new MOBO and CPU if I used the HyperX RAM, lol)

GPU: Sapphire Vega64 Nitro+

Storage:

• 250GB SSD for OS(s)
  • 1TB HDD for Software and most of my games
  • 1TB SSD for games that I play a lot ( Destiny2, Conan Exiles, WoW, etc)
  • 10TB external HDD for photos, videos, phone backups, etc
  • 1TB external SSD mainly used for my MacBook but also a a way of transfering large files such a videos between PC and Mac

PSU: 750W EVGA PSU

Monitors: 2x 27inch Curved Samsung 1080p 60HZ monitors ( fuck if I remember the model )

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V2 Chroma

Mouse: Steelseries Rival 100 (PC) and Razer Naga ( MacBook)

Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver X

VR: Oculus Rift

Dude, it's a war set up!

PC:
CPU:  i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080-Ti
32GB DDR4 Ram
500 GB M.2 SSD
2 TB M.2 SSD
Peripherals:
Monitor: Omen x25f
Keyboard: Logitech g513
Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
Microphone: at-2035
Headphones: ath m50x

On 3/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, JaR said:

PC:
CPU:  i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080-Ti
32GB DDR4 Ram
500 GB M.2 SSD
2 TB M.2 SSD
Peripherals:
Monitor: Omen x25f
Keyboard: Logitech g513
Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
Microphone: at-2035
Headphones: ath m50x

Neat PC.

CPU : i7 8700K

GPU - GTX 1080ti

32GB 3200MHZ RAM

Hard Drives: 1TB Samung 970 Evo m.2, 500GB 850 Evo, 2 x 250GB 850 Evo, 2TB HDD, 120GB Kingston SSD

Monitor : Alienware AW2158HF

Keyboard : Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB

Mouse : Logitech g502 Hero

Headset: Logitech G Pro X

Gaming Chair: Secretlabs omega