Sp3ctre

Why Wordpress and IPS

Hey! This is more of a question for the devs of the site, I like to learn about why different sites and niches choose their CMS's. I've noticed a lot of cheat sites (mostly private) use IPS and was curious as to why. I come from managing Minecraft forums and pretty much all of em used Xenforo so im just curious as to why IPS works for you. Thanks devs! 😛

The old Xenforo was shit compared to IPB4. Developing for IPB was so much easier but I gotta admit that Xenforo 2 became quite good as well. The only stuff I don't like is how easy you can fuck up IPB if you don't know what you are doing.

From my looking into the IPB API and everything, it seems like IPB gives you a lot more direct access to the database and internal methods. On the other hand Xenforo and CMS's like Wordpress seem to have a "the developer/user is a toddler" kind of perspective. I still have yet to try out IPB or the IPS community suite for that matter but might I say that it looks quite nice out of the box.

Well Xenforo 2 has many good things as  well now so it's hard to say which one is better.
Depends on personal preference actually.